Friday, August 22, 2008

Oaks Park - A Blast From the Past

Cade, Tucker and I began our day doing their favorite thing - running errands. Whenever they hear me say that word, they hide. I coerced them by letting them know that following our trip to Fred Meyer, I had a surprise for them. Fred's was a bit challenging today. They seemed to be out of everything on our list. And, man, did I feel like such a loser after waiting in the customer service line for 15 minutes to redeem my $5 Mama Mia Scratch Off only to be told that their lottery machine was down and they could not pay out any winning tickets until it came back up hours later. I shuffled away to fulfill the rest of the items on my list, and we were on our way. We stopped for lunch at Madison's Bar & Grill where we enjoyed a delightful patio lunch before heading to our surprise.








The surprise I had in store for Cade & Tucker was that we were meeting Finn, Ashe and Auntie Janice at Oaks Park. Oaks Park is a nastalgic 103-year old amusmement park here in Portland. We met Jan's boys there to enjoy one of the last days of summer vacation. Ashe, Cade, Finn & Tucker enjoyed a great day with their go-anywhere-do-anything passes. I seemed to take on the younger boys, Finn & Tuck who just had a blast on any form of transportation - motorcycles, airplanes (that come with shotguns?), and cars.















Oh, and when was the last time you saw one of these:

1 comment:

Janice Ordal said...

yes. so much fun. posted a link from my carnival post to your carnival post. thanks for being good about sticking to your plan to go!!

--janice